Beat disease with beets
Beat winter colds and flu with this super food (beets)
My Feast Day Quinoa and Beetroot salad with fresh cherries.
Beet juice with celery, carrot, apple and beets
Beet is called a power food;
Many Health properties that raw beetroot have for us!
- lowers cholesterol
- lowers blood pressure
reduces risk of heart disease and cancer
- highest in anti-oxidants (red colors – thereby the cancer fighting properties) and is a weapon against infection
- Helps with blood sugar lows and due to enzyme action in low quantities
- In the raw form does not cause high sugar fluctuation as all sugars are enzyme coated
- Beet regulates the pH (against acidity) and improves digestion
- Beet gets us in a better mood
beet contains betaine, which enhances serotonin production in the brain- a mood enhancer.
- may help against obesity (also due to sugar regulation which prevents sugar low’s (depression)
- Beet is high in iron and helps against anemia
- Contains potassium as with all salad, fruit and vegetables, thus facilitate movement of other nutrients into our cells and detoxification of poisons from cells into the blood to be cleansed and released from our bodies
- Phytonutrient rich means anti-inflammatory, antioxidant besides detoxification properties. This prevents DNA damage as free radicals are dealt with
- Young beet leaves are higher in iron than spinach!
- Control of hypertension and heart attack risk (confirmed with studies in London)
- Much needed for a healthy colon together with pomegranate (another red) fruit
- Sports people are very much in need of beet juice for stamina!
- Best sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, forms of beta carotene that are highly beneficial for eye health
- Helps against inflammation which may enhance cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer;
- Beets significantly curb tumor growth. They contain high traces of Vitamin C, phosphorus, folic acid, Vitamin B6, and magnesium.
- Daily consumption of beet juice (nitrate rich) boosted blood flow to the brain, which in turn restricted frontal lobe degeneration due to dementia (studies proven).
It was proven to be the nitrites (beet is the highest source of this nitrogen molecule) in the beets and other green and red leafy vegetable that aids with blood pressure lowering properties.
Within three hours of drinking 500ml of beet juice, volunteers showed a significant decrease in blood pressure. Even better, that drop in blood pressure was sustained for up to 24 hours after the juice was consumed.
Opening up blood vessels (for better oxygen flow) through NO (nitric oxide), where beet juice is the riches source of dietary nitrates. NO is formed through the good bacteria in our mouth and intestines; hence your True Detox plan (with Micro-sweep) should always include good flora such as AB-lactic/ Florafood / Intestiflora. NO is much needed by athletes to bring fuel into the blood vessels.
Eight men drank 500 milliliters of beet juice daily for six consecutive days before undergoing a series of cycling-based fitness tests.
Result was the ability to cycle for average 92 seconds longer after drinking beetroot comparing to other red juices. Their blood pressure in resting phase was also lower after a beet juice!
The simple beet is one of the world’s most powerful super-foods.
Cucumber wheels with beetroot and red cabbage, together with beetroot salad dressing.
I make red cabbage salad mixed with raw beetroot for a daily Red Power Salad together with the greens.
Make a fantastic beetroot salad dressing with:
Handful of grated beet, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, avocado, dates, strawberries, and a quarter cup of berrie juice (100% pure).
Liquidize together in your mixer and Voila!
Info gained from newsletter by hacres.com
Slightly shorted / changed by Suret Morkel
See more recipes on our website and my face page (Health Chefs/ Tabernacle walk for healing).
Attend a healthy chef’s morning during your weekend retreat for fun food making!